1) Prepare for Common Interview Questions - try to find out what kind of interview you to expect and then try to anticipate some of those most likely questions and prepare responses.
2) Conduct Research - Go online and see what you can find on the Employer, the Job and the people you will be interviewing with.
3) Dress for Success - Wear a wardrobe that fits the organizational culture and remember it's always better to be overdressed than under.
4) Give Yourself Some Time to Calm Down Before the Interview - arriving 15 minutes early should give you enough time to review some of your notes and calm your nerves
5) A Good First Impression - there are no chances for a good first impression. Try to be polite and offer warm greetings to everybody from the receptionist to the hiring manager.
6) Body Language is Just as Important as your Verbal Responses - make sure to give firm handshakes, make eye contact and smile. Some forms of body language to avoid are slouching, chewing gum or fidgeting in a chair.
7) Be Open, Confident and Authentic - Your goal should always be authenticity, responding truthfully to interview questions. At the same time, your goal is to get to the next step, so you’ll want to provide focused responses that showcase your skills, experience, and fit — with the job and the employer.
8) Ask Questions that Show You are Interested - studies continual show that asking good questions about the Job or the Company will increase chances of a successful interview.
9) Don't be Shy about Your Accomplishments and Skills - Some people compare a job interview to a sales call in which you have to sell your abilities to fill the organization’s needs, solve its problems, propel its success.
10) Thank Interviewer(s) in Person, by Email, or Postal Mail - Common courtesy and politeness go far in interviewing; thus, the importance of thanking each person who interviews you should come as no surprise. Start the process while at the interview, and send follow ups via email or postal mail.
Our expertise in your industry means a rapid, on-target search, resulting in top candidates for your organization.