SUMMARY: Sintavia is currently searching for a strong Vice President, Operations to assume responsibility for management of the day-to-day operations and reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer. This position will direct, coordinate and control the operations in accordance with customer and company requirements and specified quality standards at the lowest cost consistent with safe practices.
Based in Davie, FL, Sintavia, LLC is a global leader for additive manufacturing for critical industries, including Aerospace & Defense, Ground Power, Oil & Gas, Space Exploration, and Automotive Industries.
We are seeking a career-minded individual for the position of Vice President of Operations - Additive Manufacturing, preferably someone who is looking for long-term growth and potential. In addition to the job description below, candidates must possess strong customer service skills, an eye for detail, and the ability to multi-task at a quick pace. Being a team player is a must!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage day-to-day production operations of the facility to drive monthly performance and meet monthly financial objectives.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are followed and employees are committed to a culture that values service, quality and safety.
• Manage the day-to-day and high-level planning and production control for the company to drive performance and meet objectives.
• Lead quality assurance and inspection efforts to confirm parts meet customer specs.
• Manage and drive the production schedule and operations. Develop, approve and implement policies and procedures to meet all production schedules.
• Approve and direct improvements in production methods, quality, equipment, operating efficiency and working conditions.
• Direct supervision and leadership of the Operations team to ensure proper staffing, training, development, motivation, productivity, quality and safety.
• Present progress reports within management team to ensure ongoing improvements are attained for product quality and overall business unit growth and investigate and resolve causes of inefficiencies.
• Support and ensure compliance to all applicable regulations.
• Ensure that corrective actions resulting from internal or external audit findings are carried out.
• Lead Continuous Quality Improvement initiatives to drive efficiencies and growth.
• Partner with all departments to impact culture and clearly execute the business plan.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures including interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Gain employee appreciation, admiration and respect to effectively lead and direct the organization and serve as the head of operations for the unit.
• Analyze the current organizational structure in conjunction with the President and adjust as needed.
• Evaluate current production systems and consider all opportunities for improvement, automation and efficiencies.
• Build a healthy, trust-based relationship with the President, allowing for open, transparent and collaborative efforts on all parts; attain the respect of the President through hard-work, placing the Company and stakeholder interests ahead of self through determination, motivation, presentation, and communication.
• Secure an appreciation of the Sintavia culture and focus intensely on understanding how to work, communicate and manage within the culture effectively.
• Collaborate with the President, CEO, managers and employees under management to gain an excellent knowledge of the Company’s business, organization and capabilities, as well as the function and interaction of the management team. Utilize this knowledge to create an immediate plan to move forward with the unit.
• Gain a deep understanding of the Company overall and the Operations team specifically and build excellent relationships with the group, leading to a stronger unit and outstanding employee cohesion.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Management or a related field is preferred, with equivalent management experience acceptable.
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or a related field is a strong positive.
• This position requires a strong background in precision manufacturing operations management (in excess of 10 to 15 years) with the ability to build and drive a strong operations team to meet targets and deadlines while providing a high level of quality. • Prior experience with quality control or quality assurance, directly or indirectly in Aerospace & Defense component manufacturing or similar environment, is absolutely required.
• Experienced and skilled at supporting and interacting with customers to ensure timely and highly effective customer support and success.
• Excellent background in handling challenging operations management, customer and personnel problems.
• Proven ability to mediate, negotiate and reach resolution with various matters.
• In-depth experience in production control, planning, schedules, productivity and management in a Manufacturing or related organization.
• Increasing levels of responsibility in the production, operations and quality functions of a well-respected organization.
• Exceptional employee management and relations knowledge.
• Outstanding leadership experience, resulting in an excellent ability to communicate and direct a customer-focused, highly responsive organization.
• A top-notch, well-thought-of manager with a healthy reputation in the industry.
• Proven success leading a manufacturing or related organization through a collaborative, unifying approach that builds on teamwork and dedication to Company goals and principles.
• Advanced computer skills to include MS Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Proven success in team building and leading.
• Skilled at developing budgets and effectively managing operations to meet budgets and deadlines.
Background checks will be completed on all candidates considered for hire.
• Manufacturing or Aerospace experience
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIORNMENT:
• Frequently required to sit, walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
• Frequently required to lift/push/carry items up to 10 pounds
• Work on Specialized equipment
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and the tools you will need to be successful, including:
• Medical, dental, and vision plans
• Paid holiday, sick and PTO
• Paid life insurance
• 401(K) retirement plan
We provide a safe, fun, exciting and collaborative work place, where growth and advancement opportunities abound.