As Vice President of Operations/Supply Chain, you will be responsible for the oversight of short and long-term objectives of the Operations Group. You will focus on strategic planning, goal setting and direct the operations of the company to support those key goals. This role will also be responsible for supporting the development of the operations team to support the resource needs of the company and future growth.
The Vice President Operations oversees all operational functions in North America while working with our international support team in Nanjing, China.
The Vice President Operations is directly responsible for North America warehousing, distribution, inventory control, transportation, import-export compliance, sales analysis, demand planning, corporate facilities management, after-sales support and IT.
This position has 6 direct reports in North America.
- Responsible for establishing the strategic vision for the operations functions and integrating these initiatives cross-functionally across the organization;
- Actively leads continuous improvement activities within the organization and with outside 3PL suppliers;
- Create relationships with all departments and leaders to achieve business results;
- Create, develop and monitor KPI metrics for operations and provide updates and recommendations that improve operational results and the profitability of the company;
- Drive employee engagement by establishing communication channels, training, mentoring and recognition programs to attract and retain the key resources needed to support the organization;
- Responsible for budget development, management, and attainment across all responsible functions;
- Responsible for managing the North America inventory strategy and inventory levels to meet company sales and profit goals;
- Responsible for development and implementation of continued changes in the North America warehouse/product distribution strategies and reverse logistics strategies;
- Responsible for support and continuous improvement to the customer after-sales service support processes.
- Expert-level knowledge of domestic and international logistics and supply chain strategies, processes, and functions needed to support company growth and success;
- Expert level knowledge of domestic and international transportation and US customs requirements to support import and export transactions;
- Knowledge of the power tool industry and the related customers a plus;
- Ability to work with and collaborate with cross-functional international teams in a matrix management environment;
- Demonstrated ability to grow the operations team and prepare the team for the skills and knowledge needed for future growth;
- Successful with the ability to solve problems and make decisions, as well as think laterally and offer creative solutions;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, change-oriented culture;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team, as well as manage people;
- Experience working with major US retailers;
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
This job operates in a professional office as well as within Chervon warehouses, supplier locations and various Chervon offices in the USA. Occasional travel to Nanjing, China as needed.
This position requires up to 50% travel, primarily domestic with some international.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain / Logistics and or minimum 15 years’ experience in Operations Management;
- Strong process orientation and experience in planning and managing relationships with carriers, brokers and freight forwarders;
- Knowledge of import/export regulations and compliance;
- Broad knowledge and resource network to address unique logistic needs and opportunities;
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills;
- Experience developing and managing multi-professional workforce;
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.