HealthSmart’s mission is to make achieving and maintaining a healthy, happy and independent lifestyle as easy as possible. With over 65 years of experience, we know what it takes to stay on the leading edge of product innovation and design. We create and distribute healthcare products that not only look great, but help you feel great, too. When you feel good inside and out, you’re ready to take on the world. Product categories include Personal Care, Health & Wellness Montiors, Therapy, Walking Aids, Bath & Bedroom Safety, etc. To learn more about the HealthSmart, click here.
The Supply Chain Manager will oversee all Replenishment and Demand Planning activities for HealthSmart International. The ideal candidate must have a foundational understanding of the supply chain process, a high energy level, is career oriented, focused on continuous improvements, and demonstrates an entrepreneurial attitude. This opportunity will have a focus on a wide array of supply chain transactions meaning the candidate must be nimble, able to learn quickly, is proficient in the use of technology, is organized, and takes pride in their work. This position is considered a leadership role in the Supply Chain organization.
- Manage to key supply chain KPIs across managed supplier portfolio: Backorders, Fill Rate, Inventory, COG Reduction, Freight Budget (air/ocean), and Turns; deliver monthly S&OP material pertaining to all key metrics
- Execute monthly sales and operations planning process via baseline forecast regeneration, S&OP updates, and customer level intel
- Develop robust Supply Chain reporting in NetSuite and DemandWorks (Cloud Smoothie) that satisfies daily business needs and requirements (daily line fill reporting, inventory reporting, expedite/projected BKO reporting, forecast accuracy, etc.)
- Indirectly manage a vendor base consisting of both domestic and international vendors
- Track and report out on lead times to ensure vendors are adhering to their stated lead times, adjust accordingly
- Works with Sourcing to track project updates related to MOQs, SKU Rat, and FOB reductions. Ensure FOB’s are correct in NetSuite. Produce scorecards to track progress.
- Leads purchasing continuous improvement projects to ensure purchasing gaps/visibility are mitigated.
- Recommends purchasing parameters necessary to accomplish business stocking objectives. Forecasts inventory levels to ensure objectives are on schedule/target.
- Work with freight forwarding tools in order to drive inbound consolidations from Asia; plan purchases to proactively drive consolidated freight.
- Ensure on time delivery through effective communication, follow up and expediting with international vendors. Hold vendors accountable to supplier agreements.
- Ensure purchases are followed according to establish purchasing SOPs. Updates purchasing SOPs as needed to align with business needs.
- Monitors inventory, purchase orders, inbound freight, mitigation strategies, and any other critical purchasing KPIs to ensure course correction is applied where needed.
- Acts as Purchasing ‘go-to’ person for ad hoc purchasing questions/follow ups/reports. Recommends continuous improvements and follows through to execution.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Supply Chain preferred, Business, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Previous supervisory/management experience; this is considered a leadership role in the Supply Chain Organization
- Independent and able to work with minimal supervision.
- 2-4 years of forecasting/demand planning, supply planning, inventory deployment, or other supply chain related experience
- Experience working in an S&OP environment a plus; especially in demand or inventory management
- Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel & Access. If/Then statements, pivot tables as well as VLOOKUPs in Excel are considered a mandatory skill
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and business acumen coupled with proven ability to present/communicate ideas/solutions to a large group.
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast paced, rapidly changing business environment
- Must be able to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent facilitation and conflict resolution skills with the ability to drive consensus
- Strong working knowledge of MRP and ERP systems required; JD Edwards preferred
- Strong communication skills – including ability to present and articulate strategic business direction in forums that include senior management