Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing, defining, and overseeing the roadmap for products and managing them as
required for the purpose of meeting strategic business goals. The Strategic
Sourcing Manager is responsible for managing supplier relationships to maximize
the reliability and efficiency of the supply chain. Additionally, this individual will work
with the Operations and Marketing teams to evaluate the product mix and assist with
strategic initiatives keeping the products market relevant.
• Develop sourcing and procurement activities that support
key business objectives.
• Execute the sourcing requirements for product introduction
including raw materials, manufacturing process and packaging.
• Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate
improvements for Procurement.
• Locate, qualify, and select appropriate vendors, agents,
and brokers who will be used in various worldwide markets to develop and deliver
sourced product programs.
• Provide input to Marketing team on product selection,
design, and direction from the Sourcing perspective.
• Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the
company to ensure consistent and high-quality value delivery.
• Implement best practices in procurement and supplier
management to support company values.
• Conduct business review meetings with Executives to assess
risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement
• Maintain strong working relationships with strategic
suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery of targets are met.
• Negotiate supplier and service contracts and agreements
• Development and execution of sourcing strategies across
all categories within span of control including targets, timelines and resource
• Build market intelligence capabilities within the category
management team on key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy
• Continually conduct detailed analysis of competitive
products. Keep abreast of industry product trends and manufacturing method changes
• Proactively review manufacturing opportunities with
vendors, agents, and factories.
• Update procurement strategies based on changing market
• Analyzes past buying trends, sales records, price, and
quality of merchandise to determine value and yield.
• Establishes purchasing policies, processes, and
• Extensive knowledge and ability to negotiate pricing,
service levels, discount terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise with
new and existing vendors.
• Set or recommend mark-up rates, mark-down rates, and
selling prices for merchandise.
• Develops and broadens new supply network sources where
vendors are inadequate.
• Determines how company can meet business targets while
providing new products that will service the needs of our customers and
represent the brand image of the company.
• Identify gaps in the product line that can help determine
where there is need for product development
• Establishes account/credit and terms.
• Examines bids and makes awards.
• Perform market research to assess the potential demand,
develop design proposals, oversee production, set pricing, coordinate
efforts with marketing staff
to ensure the product will fit with existing marketing
strategies and product meets expectations.
• Conduct research when products are in the development
stage to determine if potential customers are satisfied.
• Checks requisitions for appropriate approval and account
• Works collaboratively with Procurement Department to
ensure received orders are accurate, timely and we are developing and introducing
• Complies with US laws and upholds company code of ethics
and safety guidelines.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Related Field
• 7+ years experience in Global Sourcing, Retail Buying,
Product Management, and/or
• Knowledge of demand forecasting and inventory
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
• Stellar organizational skills
• Solid decision-making abilities
• Proficient with MS Office