Our client is a food industry manufacturer knows for their all-natural and organic expertise. They offer private labeling, co-manufacturing, as well as their own brand of products. The Sr Procurement Manager is responsible for the end-to-end supply chain within their Swedesboro, NJ manufacturing site. This includes the procurement of all packaging and ingredients, managing the inventory strategy, inbound logistics, and vendor management. He/She will oversee a team of 6.
- Lead Strategic Supplier Relationships to jointly drive value beyond cost, leveraging supplier capability to deliver both top and bottom line business benefit.
- Develop commodity category management strategies for cost reduction and value enhancement to result in tangible benefits to the bottom line with sound knowledge on internal analysis and external market analysis
- Coordinate Supply Chain initiatives including working capital management and minimizing obsolescence. Develop and ensure effective safety stocks models.
- Drive development of ‘Should Cost Models’ for all categories to leverage supplier negotiations
- Evaluate strategies based on changing market conditions and provide inputs during strategic sourcing activities, including internal and external analysis and negotiations
- Lead coaching and individual training/development for the team as required building capability to deliver overall category objectives
- Drive development of cost savings/value add initiatives with direct reports and suppliers
- Ensure consistent and accurate cost saving tracking to support the Supply chain targets
- Contribute to and support the development and implementation of best practice Procurement work processes across the Procurement organization and across the interfaces with other business functions (e.g. Finance, R&D, Marketing, and supply chain).
- Ensure quality of materials, competitive pricing, adherence to company policies, Procurement processes and endeavors related to the operation of a proactive and strategic Procurement Business Unit.
- Ensure a deep understanding of supply markets and cost drivers Manage raw material inventory strategy and execution.
- Drive the development of innovation with supply partners and R&D
- Thorough understanding of the industry and markets that impact cost, supply and demand
- Procurement lead for the new Item commercialization process
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of related procurement experience
- 3+ years' experience working within the food production, food and beverage, OR consumer goods industry.
- Ability to build strong supplier relationships and influences long-term supplier technology and resource allocation
- Master negotiator--consistently achieves competitive advantage/beneficial outcome in complex negotiations
- Demonstrates the ability to create and manage extremely complex relationships
- Knowledge of purchasing and new industry trends and approaches as well as an understanding of the
- commodities that impact cost and supply
- Coaching and developing direct reports