A global leader in plastic and aluminum closure design, manufacturing and high speed capping equipment / application systems. Approximately 90+ billion closures are produced annually in 25+ manufacturing sites, strategically located in 20+ countries throughout the globe.
Innovative closure technology, high-performance equipment and expert technical services and training support to help customers all over the world maximize their profits. These integrated closure and capping solutions deliver a total system of unsurpassed customer value and reliability.
This position is accountable for the management of a wide range of responsibilities, including meeting shift production goals, assuring the quality of our products and services, ensuring the health and safety of shift employees, ensuring the proper operation and maintenance of process equipment, and actively managing, coaching, and counseling employees.
The primary emphasis of this position is to directly manage the total shift operations for the assigned room of 15-25 shift employees. Primary responsibilities include shift results re: quality, safety, productivity, OPEX methodology usage, cost control, effective use of maintenance resources, etc. Supervise all shift personnel, the quality and quantity of production, and the safety and morale of the department, manage cost containment focusing on EBITDA and Cashflow results. Assigns personnel in such a manner as to obtain the highest efficiency possible, while carrying out the policies of the Company. Provides performance reviews and feedback. Controls and monitors production to ensure promised on-time deliveries to our customers. Manages discipline records and disciplinary actions, absence reports and attendance policy, overtime assignments & records, and safety rules.
Also, provides accurate production records and data analysis/improvement activities for the purpose of maintaining efficiency, quality and uptime. Exercises control over production costs on shift and ensures proper maintenance of shift equipment resources. Avoids waste & scrap through planning, utilization of labor, appropriate materials usage, equipment maintenance, etc. Participates in the hiring and selection of new employees. Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Degree in management, supply chain, business or manufacturing discipline, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and one year of industrial experience or a high school diploma, and 4-6 years of industrial experience, achieving measurable results in a similar capacity. Prefer plastics
- background in compression and injection molding operations and previous Supervisory experience.
- Thorough understanding of all processes and auxiliary equipment. Working knowledge of the SOP’s associated with the operation of each machine and each process.
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art lean manufacturing techniques, such as JIT, Kanban, SMED, etc. Able to use statistical process control (SPC) and quality tools (i.e., problem solving strategies, root cause analysis, TQM, ISO 9000, SOP Process, etc.), to improve processes, maximize OEE, and reduce costs.
- Knowledge of various computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other related computer software programs.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, and the ability to motivate others with enthusiasm and drive.
- Provides effective feedback and specific performance improvement guidance to employees. Strong organizational skills, the ability to understand complex production processes, and a knowledge of the product from the internal and external customers’ perspective.
- Effective managerial leadership skills and the ability to lead organizational change processes to improve worker attitudes, involvement and organizational results. Strong working knowledge of Company policies and standards in the areas of safety, personnel, quality, and manufacturing.
- Highly-developed communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent knowledge of OEE, industrial metrics, and performance measurement systems.
- Basic financial knowledge and ability to control cost metrics for the shift.
12 hour shifts – 4 days off 4 days on