Our client is a leading manufacturer of indoor & outdoor fireplaces, fireplace inserts, freestanding stoves, gas log sets, venting products, and accessories.
The Plant Manager is responsible for providing strategy and direction for all manufacturing and support functions within the location to optimize safety, quality, delivery and cost objectives. In providing leadership to all areas within the plant, this position is also responsible for building a culture consistent with company beliefs and values, ensuring employees are engaged and maintain a safe working environment. This position has impact on sales, profit margin, customer satisfaction, quality costs and customer complaints.
- Provide leadership, direction and manage all Plant operations to include manufacturing, operational excellence, finance, materials, engineering, quality, EHS and human resources.
- Develop and implement suitable short and long range plans to obtain assigned Plant and group objectives such as the profit plan, strategic plan, human resource organizational capability plan and forecasts based on customer expectations, and committing to achieving established targets.
- Coordinate and direct through subordinate managers, all functions of facility operations, including but not limited to manufacturing, asset utilization, inventory control, facilities control, building lay-out and construction, maintenance, manufacturing projects and studies, cost control, manpower utilization, work standards and administration.
- Responsible for contributing to the development of all plant policies, consistent with the direction of the overall organization.
- Review, maintain, control, implement corrective action and regularly report on the financial progress of the plant within the assigned group to maintain profit plan expectations and ensure desired financial performance.
- Direct responsibility to develop and achieve the annual business plan
- Foster an environment of Employee Engagement
- Ensure that policies, practices and initiatives are implemented and followed
- Ensure compliance with all government, financial, environmental and labor regulations is required
- Represent company in local organizations and community service activities.
- Drives sales margins, customer satisfaction, cost of quality, inventory, productivity, organizational development and other operational metrics of the facility.
- Manages direct reports, as applicable, including establishing performance objectives and development plans.
- Sets clear expectations, provides clear feedback, coaches and provides coaching to team members according to established procedures.
- Ensures a safe, equitable and respectful environment for all team members.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in business administration / engineering or a related field is required.
- Ten years of previous experience in production management.
- Requires an administrative knowledge of accounting, budgeting, forecasting, capital expenditure analysis, and wage and salary administration.
- Demonstrated knowledge in business and manufacturing practices and processes.
- Experience in methods and good industrial engineering practices is preferred. Knowledge of governmental/utility requirements for the facility is required.
- Proven track record of building organizational capability and commitment to employee development
- Demonstrated leadership, communication training, facilitation and interpersonal skills are required to effectively perform essential functions.
- Operationally functional with Word, Excel, Outlook and related functionally specific software.
- Must be able to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, standards and governmental regulations. Must be able to document complaints and solutions, and effectively communicate verbally and in writing and to team members, peers, management and customers.
PREFERRED SKILLS & CREDENTIALS
- An MBA or master's degree is preferred.
- Problem solving skills and ingenuity to operate the facility with minimal resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate via phone or email with a culturally diverse and physically remote associate population.
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturing industrial sectors is helpful.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to sit, stand, and walk for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift objects up to 25 lbs. with or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with or without assistive device.