Our Client is a fast-growing, privately held consumer product company based in Nashville, TN. Our distribution channels run through North America, Europe and Asia. Among various product lines, we have solidified a prominent position in automotive categories. Two of our marquee brands are MYCHANIC® and FrostGuard® — the winner of a QVC’s Product Concept of the Year award. Customers include major retailers and ecommerce channels including Walmart, Sams Club, Costco, QVC, HomeDepot, Cabela’s, etc.
We are seeking an Import/Export Associate to help support our Client's Operations Team in managing inbound and outbound shipments across the globe. You will work on an array of projects and products across all of our brands including seasonal, automotive and houseware goods. Working with the Cross Functional Teams, you will aid in open order fulfillment, warehouse resource planning, and be wired to some of the Top Retailers.
Specific actions that will be required of Import/Export role will include, but not be limited to:
· SHIPMENT BOOKING: Supervising shipment booking activities (e.g. freight forwarded booking system, 3rd Party Warehouse and Consolidation partners, etc.) and scheduling domestic and international shipments delivery. Managing customer logistic portal to ensure timely delivery.
· SHIPMENT TRACKING: Monitoring shipping status of containers (via sea / truck / rail / air) and reporting out shipment status to Warehouse, Sales and Operations.
· SHIPMENT DOCUMENTS: Collecting and preparing all shipping documents (e.g. commercial invoice, packing list, certificate of origin, etc. and managing shipping document submissions to customers for customs clearance purposes.
· SHIPMENT LABELS AND MARKINGS: Providing factories and Warehouse the appropriate markings for inner cartons, master cartons and pallets. This includes ordering labels from third party.
· DOMESTIC TRANSPORTATION: Obtaining quotes for domestic transportation. Assisting Controller in evaluating pricing, shipping cost and locations.
· CUSTOMER MANUALS: Reviewing and relaying customer logistics requirements to internal teams
· FREIGHT FORWARDER: Managing freight forwarder contract terms and daily communication
· SHIPPING RATES: Maintaining monthly and quarterly rates to update quote forms and margin sheets
· SHIPPING ROUTES: Collecting shipment routes from various carriers to determine accurate transit time
· CUSTOMS INFORMATION MANAGEMENT: Identifying, verifying and maintaining a database of Harmonized Tariff Schedule and Duty Rate. Managing duty and VAT payments to Freight Forwarder.
· PALLET CONFIGURATION: Optimizing and evaluating pallet position and configuration.
· CONTAINER INSPECTION: Requesting and administering container inspection reports. Working with Warehouse Receiving to verify container information and security.
· CUBE UTILIZATION: Analyzing the loading plans for container utilization and assisting with the Freight Cost Analysis.
HOW YOU WILL BE MEASURED
· Accuracy of reporting / filing
· Timeliness of follow-up / follow-through
· Proactive reporting of status of orders / issues / shipments
· Citing opportunities for improvement (i.e. thoroughness of recommendations about the Project Management and Operations Process)
· How seamless your integration is into the Warehouse Management and Operations Team
· Must be HIGHLY detail oriented and proactive
· Must be good communicators and work well in a team environment
· Be able to negotiate and use analytical skills
· Maintain a positive attitude to continued learning
· Be flexible and have the ability to manage change
· Have the ability to solve problems and make decisions
· Must have 5+ years of experience in Logistics, Transportation or Supply Chain Management
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to present to small groups of people (verbally and written)
· Must have Excel and PowerPoint skills
· International logistics experience a must-have