At Benitago we believe that the big conglomerates are outdated and don’t know how to serve consumers online. We can do better. We build in-house, acquire, and grow brands that reach closer to consumers online. We do this by gathering extraordinary people, utilizing flexible capital, and technology to scale companies and solve real problems.
We’re a young and ambitious growth fund based in Austin, TX. We focus on fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) verticals such as beauty, health, and pet supplies with annual revenues below $10M. Currently there are 5 brands under these verticals and products are sold exclusively in the UK, with goals to expand both brands/verticals as well as geographical presence.
We hire smart, capable, highly adaptable people who have a strong drive. Our culture is very collaborative, hard-working, friendly and flexible. To learn more about Benitago, click here.
Benitago is looking for a driven professional to join our group as General Manager for one of our brands. The position is heavily entrepreneurial, resulting in a very steep learning curve, the opportunity to show your maximum potential, and the ability to drive direct impact on thousands of people’s everyday lives on a daily basis.
· Develop and establish governance, reporting, and key performance metric structures and controls for all business areas incl. marketing, operations and supply chain
· Improve, systemize, and standardize current business procedures and integrate these into controlling and reporting processes to achieve constant deliverables
· Coordinate, hold accountable, and lead cross-functional teams of up to 20 freelancers/contractors/agencies in the execution of key business building initiatives such as new product launches, marketing optimization, and distribution channel development
· Identify and implement pricing initiatives, process excellence initiatives, cost-cutting measures, product return minimization, and risk mitigation
· Lead and recruit the brand’s team members (primarily virtual assistants, freelancers and contractors) and build out key organizational and human resources processes
The General Manager will create rigid systems/controls/workflows for the main operational business units (logistics, Amazon marketing, customer service, etc.) allowing the business to quickly scale. In addition, they will manage the execution of those systems by measuring and holding the respective employees accountable. 3 Main Outcomes Will Include: create workflows/systems/SOPs, create reporting/KPIs/governance structures for the systems, and manage the people executing the systems.