Reporting to the VP of Distribution, the DC Manager is responsible for directing and coordinating all activities related to Distribution. This includes ensuring that the department is operated in a safe and efficient manner, ensuring product is received, stored, picked and shipped in full, on time and within budgeted expense framework.
- Communicate with supervisors daily on issues concerning the DC and the company
- Communicate with other management concerning departmental and plant issues
- Resolve conflict, problems, and issues that develop in the departments
- Determine facility scheduling, staffing, and capital requirements
- Determine and execute Capital Expenditure needs.
- Work with VP Distribution and accounting on operating budgets and standards
- Set continuous improvement goals
- Ensure equipment maintenance is performed according to schedule.
- Evaluate the supervisors performance
- Evaluate facility job procedures for strategy and proactive solutions
- Evaluate management tools and search for, organize, or develop new tools
- Communicate and provide detailed reports/explanations to the VP Distribution
- Monitor labor, repair parts and supply costs so as to meet budgets.
- Create a team atmosphere
- Ten years’ supervisory experience in a Distribution environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Business related field.
- Knowledge of distribution systems and processes as well as excellent Excel skills.