The Operations Manager is responsible for overall management of the distribution functions and warehouse staff ensuring that all products are received, stored, and distributed according to the prescribed procedures and requirements for each of 3 business units; 3PL, Wholesale Distribution, and Ecommerce Drop Ship Distribution. This position is responsible for the maintenance of the related database records for shipping, receiving, and inventory tracking. The Operations Manager will work with the upper management team to develop and maintain standard operating procedures for all warehouse functions and will be responsible for the training of and implementation by the warehouse team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of warehouse associates to accomplish all daily tasks.
- Work with sales team to plan strategically ahead of seasonal spikes in inventory and sales.
- Ensure proper receipt of products, supplies, equipment, and maintenance of the related database and financial records.
- Supervise, train, evaluate and review the work performed by applicable staff.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA requirements for warehouse safety and forklift operation.
- Ensure accurate data of all receiving records, files and computer systems.
- Oversee inspection of received goods for proper quantities and quality.
- Implement and maintain inventory tracking and handling processes, including Bin location and Serial number tracking and maintenance.
- Analyze sales trends to plan product replenishment Purchase Orders.
- Maintain EDI databases between software platforms.
- Daily, Weekly, and Monthly reporting of sales, stock levels, returns, and shipping detail as required.
- Provide Customer Service, both in person and via electronic communication.
- Perform facilities and equipment maintenance as needed.
- Anticipates and resolves interdepartmental workflow challenges and conflicts.
- Create, maintain and facilitate a positive work environment.
EXTENT OF JOB AUTHORITY:
Scope of Management Authority: Has supervisory review over others and maintains budget control in coordination with President and VP Finance.
Hiring Decisions: Yes
Corrective Actions: Yes
Termination Decisions: Yes
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING FOR POSITION (required/preferred):
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.