Become a key member of our client's Alteration Installation Teams, supporting C4ISR system installations on ships and submarines. Join the top team on the waterfront, working for unrivaled compensation and benefits.
- Assist with a variety of routine and/or low to high-dollar value buying/purchasing tasks involving materials, suppliers, or services.
- Assisting with obtaining quotes from vendors
- Reviews purchase requisitions, places orders with approved suppliers, and follows up on all orders to ensure timely delivery.
- Uses websites to research and determine parts and material information
- General understanding of logistics and purchasing
- Inspecting and receiving materials and equipment
- Assist in preparing materials for shipment and storage
- Tracking material orders and shipments
- Advanced use of computerized inventory system
- Complying with requirements to handle hazardous materials
- Utilizing MS Word and MS Excel to document material inventory for projects.
- Assisting with invoices to make sure they correspond with the appropriate purchases, transfers, and rental transactions.
- Assist with maintaining official vendor pricing records from year to year to track pricing fluctuations.
Experience: 2 Years of material tracking and logistics knowledge
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; eligibility for a DoD clearance is required. You must pass a background investigation. You must have a valid driver's license.
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
- Tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- See details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Applicants for this position may be required to prove that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine or demonstrate that they have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.