Become a Sourcing Specialist at our client and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will support and develop high impact sourcing strategies for the energy infrastructure of tomorrow in areas such as transportation electrification, energy efficiency, renewable energy, energy storage, customer experience, and Information Technology within the Indirect Procurement (IP) team. The IP team manages over $1.2 billion in annual spend across Information Technology software and hardware, clean energy, e-Mobility, energy efficiency, customer experience, professional services, digital acceleration efforts, and other categories.
As a Specialist, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Support development and optimization of sourcing strategies and continuous improvement initiatives.
- You will lead/participate in Terms & Conditions negotiations, competitive solicitation, supplier selection, achievement of applicable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), contract negotiation and development.
- Represent the Company as a primary contact in transactions involving the purchase, lease, or licensing of materials, supplies, equipment, services, and/or technology.
- Participate in and may direct development, negotiation, and procurement of moderately complex purchase orders, change orders, requests for proposals, and contracts/agreements.
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions and amendments to contracts/agreements as required.
- Ensure achievement of the best value to the organization by coordinating the bid process and making recommendations for contract awards of moderate value.
- May participate in or lead strategic sourcing studies, forecasts, and cost projections with moderate impact on business and operational strategy.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with suppliers, as well as corporate managers, supervisory and non-supervisory personnel.
- Interpret contract provisions, resolves unusual or politically sensitive disputes, and resolves complicated invoice and payment issues.
- Provide advice, solutions, and recommendations on decisions having moderate to major impact on the organization.
- May make final decisions consistent with organizational authorization levels.
- On occasion may provide functional direction to other agents.
- Three years of experience in purchasing, contract management and/or negotiating contracts.
- Experience using SAP software in a purchasing environment, and utilizing Ariba Sourcing, Contracting, and P2P modules.
- Knowledge and decision-making experience of purchasing practices and policies, and knowledge of procurement contracts and standard terms and conditions.
- Experience with industry best practices, standards, utility regulations, procedures and compliance as they relate to purchasing.
- Experience prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously, and analyzing information and making strategic decisions regarding scope, impact, policy, development, and implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- CPM, CPSM, CPCM, CCCM, and/or PMP certification(s).
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to the facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.