About Our Client:
Build Your Career. Build America’s Future.
Our Client is the nation’s largest producer of construction aggregates and a major producer of aggregates-based construction materials including asphalt and ready-mixed concrete.
· Procurement Process. Receive requests for goods or services, obtains necessary approvals, creates PO’s and received goods/services, processing invoice for payment.
· Strategic Sourcing: Assist in sourcing products/services where there is no catalog/contract in place. Identify, recommend, and discuss preferred supplier options with internal operations customers; review requisitions for high value spend segments.
· Contracting. Provide contract support to local operations in support of locally lead efforts. Review proposals and credit applications for adverse terms and conditions.
· Cost Analysis. Monitor performance based on key metrics, making improvements and suggestions associated with strategic initiatives for supply chain excellence.
· Strategic Procurement. Implements and supports strategic sourcing projects to save total cost of ownership on products and services by conducting RFP’s and negotiating with suppliers. Executes tactical buying process for 3-bids and spot buys for assigned areas. Owns requisition process for spot buys supplier base.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Experience. Minimum 5 years in a similar role or with equivalent experience as a buyer is preferred.
· Knowledge of Best Practices. Knowledge of procurement sourcing, raw materials/finished goods/services buying, accounting, contract negotiations, logistics, and finance. Experience in purchasing for capital projects is a plus.
· Interpersonal Skills. Must be an excellent motivator and team builder. Must be able to form strong social relationships and be an effective communicator for internal and external audiences.
· Selling Skills. Must possess persuasive selling skills and knowledge.
· Pricing Knowledge. Must be familiar with pricing and marketing principles and support business planning efforts.
· Technology Skills. Must display knowledge of and ability to use computer applications and the most up-to-date technology to understand, measure, and capitalize opportunities.
What You’ll Like
· Great Company Culture. Our people share a competitive drive for excellence, in an environment of trust, teamwork, open-mindedness and communication.
· Safe. Industry leader in health and safety standards. We are committed to creating a safe work environment and protecting all employees and customers.
· Meaningful Work. What sets up apart is the work we do impacts daily lives – and every employee contributes. Our aggregates produced are used to build roads, schools, hospitals, airports, and housing throughout the United States.
· Health Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision programs, plus much more.
· Rest and Relaxation. Paid vacation, personal floating days, and paid holidays.
· Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with company match and contribution.
· Training and Development. We see our development programs, and helping our employees meet their goals, as a key part of our business.