Our Client is a leading manufacturer of potassium hydroxide (KOH), sometimes referred to as caustic potash.
The Senior Buyer will support company operations with an uninterrupted flow of materials and service. Buy competitively and wisely. Maintain inventory investment and inventory losses at a practical minimum. Develop reliable and effective sources of supply and good relationships with the vendor community and suppliers. Achieve maximum integration with other departments. Works with the Manager of Operations Services in purchasing and materials management functions in a professional, cost-effective manner and develop direct reporting personnel accordingly.
- Process requisitions/purchase orders for parts, materials, equipment and services for plant operations and maintenance using ethical sourcing and bidding processes.
- Identify, investigate, and recommend potential suppliers by researching parts, equipment, machinery, services, and materials availability by performing detailed cost analysis, price justification, and risk assessment.
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations for sourcing of supplies and services.
- Coordinating the flow of materials and products through the supply chain by communicating with other departments within an organization.
- Negotiate with key suppliers and distributors.
- Assisting the Manager of Operations Services with maintaining inventory levels and materials on a regular basis
- Working within the management team to ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned orders and report any back ordered or missing products.
- Communicate and work closely with maintenance and production on availability of parts and services so the appropriate stakeholders can plan accordingly.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Purchasing.
- B.S. in Supply Chain or related field from a four-year accredited university.
- General understanding of supplier markets and ability to perform market analysis.
- Strong in Microsoft Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint).
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Utilize interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance.
- Able to interface with plant personnel, manage projects and drive cost and process improvement.
- Analytical – must be able to relate and compare, securing relevant information and identifying key issues.
- Demonstrated understanding of the use, interpretation and impact of key quantitative and financial measures.
- Ability to challenge existing processes and paradigms.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while also delivering independent results and maintaining calm composure.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Bonus pay