About the Job
Within Google Procurement Organization (GPO), you will support the Center of Excellence team who is responsible for developing, deploying, and ingraining best practices throughout the organization related to activities such as procurement process, systems, metrics, reporting, or training - building “infrastructure” for the team. You have strong influencing and customer service skills, are comfortable navigating ambiguity, collaborating with multiple teams, and building strong relationships with stakeholders.
Your work, whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking spend drivers, will be used by GPO to make strategic decisions around systems, tools, and supplier strategy. More specifically, you will be tasked with building forecasts, efficiency models, and reporting infrastructures. You will gather insights into spend and budget consumption patterns across teams, and synthesize and deliver them through presentations.
· Research new ways of modeling data to unlock actionable procurement insights and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends, and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
· Make business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through visual displays of quantitative information.
· Envision, develop, and deploy procurement analytics solutions to streamline processes that will lead to efficiency gains and improvement of key metrics.
· Define, lead, and project manage by bringing together/interpreting internal and external data to produce insightful findings matched to business requirements.
· Create dashboards and reports to surface data for different stakeholders and provide analytical decision making support for key projects.
· 7 years of experience in Procurement, supply chain, manufacturing, or operations.
· Experience with data visualization tools or platforms (e.g. Dashboards, Tableau, etc.).
· Experience in a language for statistical computing (R, Python, Stata, etc.).
· Experience with Data Analytics, Data Modeling and Data Management.
· Master's degree in Economics, Management, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
· Experience translating analysis results into business recommendations.
· Experience articulating business questions and using mathematical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
· Ability to work independently with limited direction.