SUMMARY: Must have Tradeshow Experience. Oversees the transportation order process. This includes order processing, rate quotation, routing of freight, load tendering, schedule delivery appointments, shipment tracking to Proof of Delivery stage, customer service and problem resolution. Includes all modes of transportation; Truckload, LTL/Partials, Expedited & International shipments. Provides the best level of customer service possible, ensuring the client’s expectations are exceeded on every shipment. Accepts responsibility for every member of their team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages, coaches, develops, and trains customer service team members.
• Ensures team members are adhering to company policies and company goals (including but not limited to gross profit goals).
• Ensures daily tasks assigned to team members are completed. Examples include, morning emails, daily billing, formal quotes, updates to customer profiles, daily shipment updates, I&D contact emails, etc.
• Responsible for managing assigned customer accounts.
• Manages the claims process by filing claims as needed, and ensuring the customer is taken care of every step of the way.
• Responsible for coordination and successful delivery of each and every shipment. Confirms complete notes & contact information is available for every shipment, and that all team members have access to it.
• Delegates tasks to team members.
• Recommends process improvements.
• Identifies opportunities for growth, or new business; asking existing customers the following questions:
o Is there someone else you know of that could use our services?
o What is your best carrier doing for you that no other carrier is doing?
• Maintains and nurtures existing client relationships.
• Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner.
• Functions as liaison between client companies and operations staff.
• Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, and policies and procedures to new and existing clients.
• Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of Tradeshow Logistics & I&D Services.
• Assists executive team with creating monthly sales forecast.
• Provides timely and accurate reports as required.
• Facilitates and participates in meetings as required by management.
• Maintain a friendly, confident, and positive demeanor.
• Travel on behalf of the company as needed.
• Responsible for assigning “On Call” duties on rotation for team members and ensuring that the operations of the business are functional 24/7.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent, two to five years of experience in customer service, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in the transportation industry is a plus.
• Able to perform and train on all the job functions related to a customer service associate (see separate job description).
• Management experience is preferred, or related training will be required.
• Must be a self-starter and proactive.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
• Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as sales rates, and gross profit percentages for client profiles.
• Excellent negotiating and problem resolution skills.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
• Industry Knowledge – Knowledge of the transportation and tradeshow industry and related terminology. Working knowledge of market rates and DOT regulations
• Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills--Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Business Acumen--Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Strategic Thinking--Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Motivation--Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Occasionally required to stand
• Occasionally required to walk
• Continually required to sit
• Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
• Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
• Continually required to talk or hear
• Continually required to utilize visual acuity to read information, and/or use a keyboard
• Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.