The Google People Services, Extended Workforce Solutions (xWS) team manages oversight of Google’s Extended (Contingent) Workforce. The xWS team is responsible for the strategy, governance, and operations across the extended workforce space. Our team makes it easy for Google managers to engage with the contingent workforce, providing training, standards, and guidelines to minimize Google’s risk and offering data and insights on planning and strategy for new and existing engagements. We provide processes, tools and know-how to support Googlers through the lifecycle of contingent workforce engagements, so our businesses can make informed decisions to put the right talent in the right locations.
- Conduct investigations and grievance resolution for violations of Google’s extended workforce policies, Google’s code of conduct, and Google’s Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Develop data-driven solutions from investigations, focusing on influencing the extended workforce policy initiatives, training, systems, and process improvements.
- Prepare, track, and maintain appropriate investigation data and documentation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with our partners in Employment Legal, Employee Relations, and Ethics and Compliance.
- Conduct data analysis and drive insights related to investigations to support our risk management efforts in the extended workforce space.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in a consulting, HR compliance, employee relations or investigation/audit role.
- Experience establishing best practices and knowledge management for investigation protocols and HR compliance issues.
- Experience in employment law, employee relations, or ethics and compliance.
- Experience analyzing data and presenting trends to peers and managers, highlighting data patterns that could be useful for making business decisions.
- Experience establishing domain expertise, exercising initiative and judgment across multiple work streams and processes to influence organization to reach goals.
- Project/program management and influencing leadership and stakeholder management experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be diplomatic and influence stakeholders, third-party/suppliers and international teams.