About Swan Products, LLC
Swan Products, LLC was founded in 1927 and is the largest manufacturing of consumer and industrial watering hoses in North America. Swan manufactures its hoses in two plants in the USA under the Swan, Waterworks, Element, Goodyear, and John Deere brands. Swan’s products are rated the best in the industry with award winning features and benefits and can be found at most home improvement retailers across North America. In 2012 Swan Products LLC was acquired as part of a corporate carve out. Swan Products, LLC is headquarters in Sandy Springs, GA. With operations in Waco, Texas; Sparks, Nevada; Marion, Ohio and Toronto, Canada.
Please visit Swan’s website at www.swanhose.com
The Director of Logistics is primarily responsible for ensuring that product flows through the company’s supply chain to the warehouses and customers in the most cost efficient and expeditious manner possible.
The key areas of responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day national and international operations and Trade Partners (ocean freight drayage, brokers, freight forwarders, etc.) associated with flowing product from Swan Products over seas supplier base to our North American Distribution centers and customers.
- Understand and manage the trade-offs between costs, service and inventory associated with various flow paths (transload, CFS, North American ports of entry, port to port/port to door etc.). Create the strategy for importing product throughout the Swan Products supply chain network, considering service requirements, cost models, flow path optimization tools, customs and compliance, and replenishment needs – with current global shipping crisis as a key driver.
- Work with Trade Partners in pursuit of continuous process improvement, enhancing reporting, visibility, data integrity, SOP etc. Create / maintain policies or procedures for logistics activities as required.
- Stay abreast of market conditions (ocean freight, domestic drayage/trucking, etc.) and best practices to develop and execute strategies to flow product in the most economical manner.
- Be accountable for KPIs associated with International and national Logistics, including cost, on time performance, accessorial, lead time container utilization and volume.
- Work effectively with cross functional partners (e.g. procurement/supply chain and the distribution centers) to develop and execute end-to-end logistics strategies and manage the day to day
- Assist in negotiating and managing contracts associated with the International and National Supply Chain (ocean, drayage, brokers, freight forwarders). Lead carrier management activities for international Trade Partners.
- Develop capability to ensure an optimized distribution network that will support company’s expansion plans
Year One Critical Success Factors
- Improve freight and logistics cost as a percentage of sales without impact to product flow.
- Continue development of robust network of national and international freight partners.
Professional Experience / Qualifications
- 8+ years of successful supply chain management experience within a company of similar size to Swan Products, with a proven track record of reducing costs and streamlining processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage cost and operations
- 6+ years of international logistics, freight forwarding and distribution experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing logistics Trade Partners and carriers
- Well-developed multi-tasking, organizational skills, and detail oriented approach are keys to success
- Confident and data-based decision maker; comfortable with performing rigorous analysis required to support proposed operations strategies without support of dedicated analytics resources
- Deadline driven and highly responsive with both internal and external business partners. Must be able to easily communicate with all levels of the company as well as the board of directors.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses a high level of integrity, honesty, and personal accountability
- Demonstrated ability to map and analyze processes from a lean perspective, integrating the system, data, reporting and process components into an efficient operating model
- Ability to attract and retain talented individuals
- Bachelor’s degree?in Supply Chain, Science or Business preferred
- Although currently working remote, candidates must be willing and able to work in our Sandy Springs, GA location 2-3 days a week (2-3 remote) at a yet to be determined date.