We have an exciting opportunity for a Distribution Center (DC) Director. As part of our Leadership Team, you will work closely with our DC Team Leaders and have direct accountability for the inbound and outbound material value streams. This includes Receiving, Packaging, Put-away, Pulling, Cut-to-Order, Shipping and DC Coordination. The DC currently operates five days per week with a single shift and approximately 90 associates.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a two-shift, multi-site, ERP-driven, medium- to high-volume distribution environment (40,000 SKUs and 15,000+ line items shipped same day). In particular, we need operational improvement in both quality and productivity, so the ideal candidate will have a strong background implementing an optimum mix of process improvement and technology to improve these areas. With the changes created by the pandemic as well as our new business strategy, we need a leader who is able to build trust and engagement with all associates in the DC and with linked functional areas while implementing an aligned DC strategy.
· 5+ years overall accountability for a medium- to high-volume distribution center.
· Operations visionary who thinks beyond standard solutions.
· Ability to create, communicate and implement a 3-year DC strategy that aligns with, and achieves company objectives. This includes the planning, implementation and control of annual capital and operational budgets.
· Champions a culture of daily measurement by tracking performance to scale up our capacity, increasing our efficiency and developing our teams' capabilities.
· Strong safety advocate.
· Deep Lean Six Sigma background with demonstrated operational improvements.
· Proven experience in selecting and implementing state-of-the-art distribution technologies with demonstrated operational improvements.
· Ability to inspire, lead and role model principle-based leadership.
· Ability to develop and maintain relationships based on a foundation of mutual trust and respect with all stakeholders.
· Excellent analysis and presentation skills (e.g., pivot tables, basic statistics, Pareto analysis, PowerPoint, etc.)
· The successful candidate will enjoy a rewarding, challenging, and principled work environment.
Rio Grande provides a generous benefit package that includes a medical plan with low premium rates and no high deductible (2021 associate-only premium is $98.00 a month and includes medical, dental and vision); company-paid life insurance, long-term disability and telemedicine; optional life insurance, short-term disability and flexible spending account; generous time off benefits which increase with tenure; tuition reimbursement; bereavement leave; employee discounts; 401(k) matching program and more! Rio Grande provides competitive compensation, which includes an opportunity to share in the profits.
Our associates strive for joint-accountability—working together for the success of our stakeholders—and we provide a thoughtful, fun and creative environment to support them. We encourage professional and personal development through a variety of training opportunities and a focus on promoting from within.