As a Category Manager, you will partner closely with key stakeholders to help shape and implement procurement strategies. The Procurement Real Estate & Workplace Services Construction Team is responsible for developing and driving holistic category strategies, managing supplier relationships and performance, and procurement activities for the construction of offices.
As a Category Manager, you will support operational excellence while being part of an environment where team members can grow, learn, do their best work, and feel appreciated.
- Play an integral role in the development of the SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) Program for key office construction suppliers
- Curate, consolidate, and draw insights from data to promote supplier management activities, including defining supplier performance criteria and procedures, executing SRM oversight activities (based on tiering, and diversity and sustainability criteria), monitoring performance data, and identifying performance issues, conducting business review, managing escalations, and driving continuous improvement across the supply base
- Support the management of excellent partnerships with key budget owners, functional stakeholders, and strategic suppliers
- Plan, execute, and measure the success of supplier and stakeholder engagement activities
- Work cross-functionally executing major category initiatives to ensure delivery of maximum value across the end-to-end procurement process. Contribute to the tracking of category specific policies and performance metrics, and support the translation of evolving category market trends
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Finance, Business, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of business experience
- 8 years of experience in multi-disciplined procurement
- 5 years of experience in category development with sourcing experience within construction categories, or vendor management experience
- Advanced technical degree or MBA
- Experience participating on cross-functional and leadership engagement
- Experience supporting initiatives from strategy to execution and delivering results while managing multiple tasks with excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience in vendor management activities
- Knowledge of construction procurement practices to drive value for key business partners.
- Ability to drive strategic decisions and influence executives.