As a Category Manager, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Lead contracting, category management and procurement functions of the Indirect Procurement organization and special projects.
- Own business unit relationships up to senior and executive levels within assigned business unit(s) and leads portfolio reviews with business unit leadership to collaboratively plan and execute effective strategic sourcing strategies.
- Act as Lead Contract Manager for a team of 1-2 other team members.
- Negotiate contractual terms and other related commercial items to ensure Edison receives the best value possible while mitigating potential risk factors.
- Maintain consistent interaction with suppliers and ensures adherence to established contracts.
- Integrate work across relevant areas, developing strategies to enhance productivity, manage information and provide exceptional service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess work activities for consolidation opportunities.
- Develop metrics to monitor area of responsibility, gaps and implementing action plans to remediate.
- Execute Purchase Orders, Change Orders, and Request for Proposals across various categories.
- Lead contract management and supplier dispute resolution.
- Train and consult peers and other stakeholders on the Procurement process.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience in purchasing, contract management and/or negotiating contracts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Business Administration, Finance, or related field.
- Five (5) or more years of experience negotiating contracts for IT software, hardware, professional services, and end-user licensing agreements.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM), Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM), Professional Contracts Manager (CPCM), Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Experience with sourcing Technology related categories, managing cybersecurity in the supply chain, and with Agile Procurement and Project Management.
- Ability to present recommendations and other communications regularly to all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Ariba and SAP.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including oral presentations, formal correspondence and contractual documentation, group facilitation, and negotiations.
You should know
- This position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.