As a Category Manager, you will partner closely with key stakeholders to help shape and implement procurement strategies. The Marketing Team is responsible for developing and driving holistic category strategies, managing stakeholder relationships, and bringing excellence to company-wide sourcing, supplier, and contract management.
In this role, you will work in a team environment that is high-growth, fast moving, and constantly changing. You will embrace ambiguity and collaborate across teams to develop new procurement approaches and solve complex business problems. As a Category Manager, you will support operational excellence while being part of an environment where team members can grow, learn, do their best work, and feel appreciated.
- Play an integral role in the development of multi-year global category plans & strategies across virtual and physical event production categories and subcategories (incl. defining buying channels, purchasing policies, supply base profiles, purchasing policies, supplier relationship management programs, DEI & sustainability, operational efficiencies, etc.)
- Develop of should cost and total cost of ownership models for the category and ensure the alignment of category plans & strategies to business priorities and functional objectives
- Support the management of strong partnerships with key budget owners, PA/Functional stakeholders, and strategic suppliers
- Be part of multiple cross-functional teams executing major category initiatives and ensure delivery of maximum value across the end-to-end procurement process, contribute to the compliance tracking of category specific policies and performance metrics, and support the translation of rapidly evolving category market trends and leading practices into opportunities for the organization
- B.S/B.A degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 10 years of business experience and 8 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience
- experience in MarketingSupplier management experience working with marketing and event production agencies
- Minimum 5 years of category strategy development and strategic sourcing within virtual and live Meetings and Events.
- Advanced technical degree or MBA -Experience working in the Technology Industry.
- Experience participating on cross-functional and/or global team.
- Experience supporting initiatives from strategy to execution and delivering results while managing multiple tasks with strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Experience with Marketing stakeholder management and the use of data and insights to influence decision makers and drive business decisions.