The role of the Category Analyst is to assist the execution of quantitative analyses and analytical efforts in support of the Member Engagement & Business Development Division, existing Consulting Group clients, and select member institutions. The Category Analyst will support spend analytics initiatives by providing data cleansing and categorization, with focus on data in Rosslyn Analytics’ Spend Management tool and aggregate spend cube.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quantitative leadership, expertise and support to any and all objectives related to spend analysis and strategic sourcing. Objectives will range in complexity and vary from project to project but will broadly include performing spend analysis at various levels of detail, creating bid lists/item market baskets, and measuring cost savings.
- Lead and execute the procurement data collection and data management process for various analytics initiatives.
- Procurement data can include contract documents, AP payment data, PO data, supplier usage and external benchmarks. Initiatives can include price comparison of contract vs members contract, RFP/Contract
- development, or contract benchmarking. The process will include facilitating requests for specific information from member institutions and/or business partners, researching and identifying available relevant external data sources, or extracting data directly by means of a detailed source document review.
For each initiative, the Category Analyst will be responsible to:
- Determine the amount of data preparation work needed
- Decide the sufficient data work and analysis needed to accomplish the objective set
- Determine the applicability of the approach used in data collection as well as to assess the data constraints presented
- Consolidate, normalize, cleanse, and manage all the data collected
- Develop, create, and visualize analyses using the data collected and prepared, in accordance with the agreed objectives
- Analyze, summarize, document, report, and present findings, in detail and summary levels, as well as be available to address any follow-up questions from Staff and Member Institutions.
- Execute contract benchmarking and all other types of quantitative analyses required in the sourcing process for a broad range of spend categories
- Participate in RFP and Contract Business Review meetings, assist in identifying appropriate questions and decisions on RFP pricing strategy, and address any follow-up questions from Staff and Member Institutions.
- Develop, maintain, and publish dashboards and operational metrics to assess supplier and contract performance.
- Collaborate with supplier partners and others to understand and incorporate custom contract pricing into analyses related to specific assignments.
The Category Analyst will support 'Strategic Spend Assessments' by:
- Assisting the Member Engagement Team with member requests for annual spend data
- Implementing all required steps to capture, cleanse, enrich, and categorize client’s spend data
- Developing and presenting spend profile and cost savings opportunity reports
- Facilitating review of data analytics with Member Engagement Team
- Leading all data analytics discussions during member engagements
- Conducting internal price analyses, as necessary, and managing data transfer/results capture during Business
- Partner-led price analyses
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics is highly desired
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a business-related field requiring quantitative skills
- Work experience in procurement or strategic sourcing related job highly preferred
- Must have a mastery of Microsoft Excel software
- Must be proficient with Tableau, Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Access
- Spend Management and Solutions/Tools/Application experience highly preferred
- Must understand data sampling, analysis, and visualization techniques and approaches
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work with others both internally and externally
- Requires a working knowledge of the procurement function
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Requires 15% travel
Employee offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance, LTD, STD, FSA, 401(k) plus employer contribution, AFLAC and other company sponsored benefits.