Responsible for the purchase and planning of materials, equipment, parts, supplies
and services to meet quality, cost and inventory requirements of manufacturing. Handle the
solicitation of bids and negotiations for materials and supplies to determine desired suppliers are
required. This position will work closely with Engineering, Production and Supply Chain.
• Process RFQ, RFP and prepare purchase orders with proper approvals.
• Obtain material, components, equipment, or services to maintain company workflow.
• Ensure purchased items are delivered on schedule and trace delinquent orders.
• Expedite purchase orders and maintain open purchase order report.
• Prepare, track and conduct inventories.
• Enter data for inventory cycle counts.
• Monitor quality of goods and services.
• Monitor and coordinate returns with Suppliers.
• Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures.
• Perform other related duties, as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Education: Associates degree required, Bachelors degree preferred.
• Skill: Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Purchaser or Buyer. Excellent oral and written
communication. Self-motivated to analyze purchasing options, negotiate, and make
decisions. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Willing to work extended hours for
deadlines. APICS or CPM certification preferred.
• Other Requirements: Must maintain a clean driving record. May be required to push, pull or lift
up to 50 pounds.