A leader in the rug e-commerce industry since 1998, our client is dedicated to bringing you high-quality rugs, furniture, and home decor from around the world at rock-bottom prices. With their low-price commitment and dedication to customer service, they aim to make your next rug purchase a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
We are looking for a hands-on DC Operations Manager / Director to oversee and direct all operational aspects of Inbound and/or outbound activities and through the fulfillment center. The role comes with a heavy focus on continuous improvement in order to ensure customer orders are processed and shipped in an efficient, accurate and timely manner while containing operational expense. The ideal candidate will also develop operational action plans based on forecast and changes likely to impact business or functions of the fulfillment center as well as ensure accountability for labor management, adherence to standard operating procedures and established policies.
Key Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor daily workload and establish and communicate goals for completion to direct reports. Communicate priorities, strategies and contingency plans to direct reports at start of shift and throughout the day as necessary.
- Oversee the physical workflow for designated function and department(s). Manage daily operations and work volume throughout all departments. Make decisions and implement changes for improvement. Ensure proper staffing in all areas in accordance with daily workload projections. Determine FT and Temp staffing needs -make recommendations regarding the scheduling of hours to ensure proper coverage and service levels are met.
- Accountable to develop, manage and support departmental supervisors in all aspects of their role. Provide tools and training to develop supervisor abilities. Provide direction and consistent and timely feedback, providing focus on strengths and development needs.
- Build and maintain a strong, positive team culture and create disciplined groups that work well together. Lead, encourage and facilitate effective communications within the team and among various business partners.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of e-commerce systems including WMS and EDI. Provide analytical information coupled with feedback and solutions to management that will enable the fulfillment center to operate more efficiently and effectively, either by procedures/process improvements or by cost savings.
- Investigate and resolve associate issues as they arise, partnering with appropriate business partners as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary to the operation of the Warehouse / Fulfillment Center.
The ideal person for this position has the following minimal requirements:
- BS degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Strong Labor Management experience required
- Proven track record surpassing departmental and operational KPIs.
- 5+ years’ experience in a high-energy, fast-paced, service level driven environment; e-commerce experience required. Multiple area / shift management experience
- Proven effectiveness at developing the skills and abilities of direct reports
- Excellent time management, organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling and problem-solving acumen are all critical
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required; ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels of business partners
- Strong warehouse management system (WMS) knowledge required
- Proven proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
Additional InformationOur Client offers an attractive salary, outstanding benefits including medical, dental and vision plans. 401k plans, company paid holidays, PTO & sick days, commuter benefits, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and more.