The Strategic Sourcing Analyst will lead the execution of quantitative analyses in support of multiple departments, existing Consulting clients and select member institutions. This position will drive analytical efforts by conducting spend analyses, developing cost baselines, building competitive solicitation market basket item lists, performing contract benchmarking, and all other types of quantitative analyses required in the sourcing process for a broad range of spend categories.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide quantitative leadership, expertise and support to any and all objectives related to spend analysis and strategic sourcing including but not limited to performing spend analysis at various levels of detail, creating bid lists/item market baskets and measuring cost savings.
- Lead and execute the procurement data collection and data management process for various analytics initiatives such as contract documents, AP payment data, PO data, supplier usage and external benchmarks. E&I specific initiatives can include pricing comparison of E&I contract vs members contract, RFP/Contract development, Spend Cube enhancement and contract benchmarking.
- Facilitate requests for specific information from member institutions and/or business partners, researching and identifying available relevant external data sources, or extracting data directly by means of a detailed source document review.
- Manage full life cycle of analysis initiatives by governing the amount of data preparation work required, determining the applicability of the approach used in data collection and assess data constraint, consolidate, normalize, cleanse and manage all the data collected as well as analyze, summarize, document, report and present findings.
- Participate in RFP calls and/or contract review meetings, as required and assist in identifying appropriate questions and decisions on RFP pricing strategy and address any follow-up questions from E&I Staff and Member Institutions.
- Collaborate with supplier partners and others to understand and incorporate custom contract pricing into analyses related to specific assignments.
- Support existing Consulting Group clients with all spend analytics and strategic sourcing activities by: Facilitating meetings to gather specifications in order to ensure we have the required data points to meet client expectations
o Implementing steps to load, test, cleanse, enrich, and categorize client’s spend data
o Developing and presenting high-level analytical report to the client
o Leading client training activities related to Spend Analytics
o Serving as the technical representative with all Rosslyn activities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Statistics, or Applied Mathematics is highly desired
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a business-related field or field requiring quantitative skills
- Work experience in procurement or strategic sourcing related job highly preferred
- Must have a mastery of Microsoft Excel software
- Microsoft Access software experience required, high proficiency preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint, Word
- Spend Management and Solutions/Tools/Application experience highly preferred
- Must have an understanding of data sampling techniques and approaches
- Must exhibit excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work with others both internally and externally
- Requires a working knowledge of the procurement function
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Requires 15% travel
Employee offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package which include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & AD&D Insurance, LTD, STD, FSA, 401(k) plus employer contribution, AFLAC and other company sponsored benefits.