Our Client is a nonprofit biomedical research institute with over 2,000 employees whose mission is to discover precise genomic solutions for human disease and empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
Join a world-class, non-profit organization and be responsible for the development and ongoing administration of procurement and relationships with our internal management, faculty and external vendors!
- Advise and liaise/team with senior members of research management faculty, staff and laboratory departments on strategic sourcing of specialized equipment, including alternative vendor sourcing
- Function as the expert of current and upcoming changes to OMB/Uniform Procurement-related regulation and, working in partnership with Sponsored Research Administration, update procurement policies and processes to ensure sponsored research funds are expended and reported in accordance with regulations
- Partner with in-house counsel and IT management to maintain processes and standard terms and conditions for purchasing and standard contracts for service providers that will ensure significant risk mitigation and assure the Laboratory receives good value for its purchases
- Establish/improve and maintain strategic relations with key vendors and service providers in both research and administrative aspects of the Laboratory
- BA Degree is required in Business Administration, Economics, Finance or related field
- 10+ years of purchasing and/or supply chain experience, including 4 years of leading, mentoring and developing staff, 4 years of research OR non-profit industry
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar designation
- Experience in the procurement of specialized research equipment utilized by leading research institutions, complex IT services, systems and equipment related to the storage and transmission of sensitive data
- Strong, project leadership and management skills in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities, and an ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
Our Client offers a dynamic and supportive work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, including a medical plan, outstanding retirement plan, generous paid time off, and tuition reimbursement including an MBA program. Our campus offers a fitness center with an award-winning wellness program, an onsite full service cafeteria, and a fully operational primary care facility available to employees and their families.