ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage distribution order process for all warehouses in US, Canada and Mexico.
- Manage creation and maintenance of product structures and bills of material in ERP system for all facilities.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of item set up in ERP system for all locations.
- Provide tactical and strategic support for cycle counts, annual physical inventory for all locations.
- Support scheduling and reporting of assembly operations. Back up for scheduler.
- Coordinate planning of domestic sub assembly semi-finished components.
- Lead indirect purchasing, including supplier setup, purchase agreement maintenance and buying activities.
- Oversee mobile phone program and purchases of computers, printers and ancillary IT items.
- Function as DBA for WMS.
- Supply chain. transportation or logistics projects as assigned.
- Manage intercompany order process.
- Serve as backup resource for transportation manager, operations manager(s), warehouse manager(s) and service manager(s) for PTO, travel or training.
- Co-manage shipping office team in Akron. Substitute manager for other locations when covering those sites.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Possess a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from a college or technical school. Alternately, having 5 to 7 years of experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in manufacturing or distribution environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience with creating queries in an AS 400 database
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Familiar with WMS, MRP or DRP.
- Shipping and receiving experience
- Transportation experience including negotiation of rates of multiple modes, freight payment, customs clearance and service monitoring.
- Inventory Management experience including cycle counts, physical inventories and reconciliation.
- Manufacturing experience desirealbe.
- Up to 20% domestically and internationally.