Systems Control is the best-in-class designer and manufacturer of customized, highly engineered control panels and electrical substation equipment enclosures for the transmission and distribution industry. Founded in 1962 and headquartered in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, Systems Control serves a blue-chip customer base of electric utility companies. In March 2018, Comvest Partners acquired the Company. The acquisition enables Systems Control to continue to strengthen its position as the market leader within a sector experiencing strong tailwinds due to aging electrical grid infrastructure in the US and grid modernization initiatives.
As the Director of the Supply Chain Management team, you will provide leadership, direction, strategic planning and execution for all aspects of our world-class manufacturing company’s supply chain policies, objectives, and initiatives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Operations and Engineering teams to develop and lead strategic sourcing and procurement strategies in alignment with company objectives and growth goals, including inventory and working capital objectives; logistics initiatives; and LEAN manufacturing lead-time reduction programs
- Develop and maintain world class supply chain practices, managing over $100M in annual spend and five direct reports
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction in sourcing and procurement
- Formulate and deploy procedures governing all aspects of materials procurement, materials planning, inventory management, and supplier development
- Lead negotiations for the strategic sourcing agreements and contracts with direct material, MRO, and logistics providers. Items negotiated include purchase price, supply chain flexibility programs, preferred AP terms, delivery, and commercial terms
- Leverage continuous improvement activities to drive improved performance and profitability
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Estimating, Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Design to ensure best cost manufacturing strategy is being achieved
- Ensure supplier compliance in all respects of corporate specifications and requirements ensuring best in class supplier performance
- Assume final responsibility for ordering and tracking all inbound project materials, along with their associated delivery deadlines
- Develop a KPI and performance metrics driven procurement, manufacturing, warehousing, and logistics environment, where ambiguity is removed or minimized by virtue of clear, measurable goals and frequent analysis of progress
- Ensure material competitiveness through commodity benchmarking and should-cost analysis
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Supply Chain and/or Operations Management. Master’s Degree preferred. CPIM or CPM certifications a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a Senior Supply Chain role with equivalent experience operating in a manufacturing environment.
- A successful candidate will have spent ample time working in manufacturing organizations with procurement spend in excess of $100M and must be able to lead efforts aimed at improving and institutionalizing supply chain processes
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, lead, manage, and mentor a high-performing, data-driven supply chain team; Excellent coach and team leader who can champion change
- A successful record of progressive career advancement with expanding responsibilities
- Ability to develop win/win relationships with suppliers to reduce cost and improve delivery and quality
- Working knowledge and proficiency in ERP/MRP systems
- Experience and understanding of Lean Manufacturing
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Familiar with manufacturing processes including but not limited to: metals, fabrication, assembly, paint, and electronics.
- Solid analytical and financial skills
- Strong negotiating and decision-making skills
- Experienced problem-solver
- Superior project skills that encompass multiple tasks on multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Periodic travel required