A leader in the rug e-commerce industry, our client is dedicated to bringing you high-quality rugs, furniture, and home decor from around the world at rock-bottom prices. With their low-price commitment and dedication to customer service, they aim to make your next rug purchase a pleasant and enjoyable experience.
The LTL department plays a vital role in our business infrastructure. The LTL Manager will be responsible to manage and supervise the activities of a all of our warehouse team members engaged in loading and unloading of trucks. The manager will also be responsible for the moving and the storing of products. Assign job tasks according to shipping schedules. Train new team members in job duties to maintain consistency, and accuracy throughout our warehouse. Ensure team members are working safe and following all safety, quality, and security guidelines. They must be comfortable working in a diverse, fast paced environment. Adhere to company guidelines and operational policies.
- Manage Warehouse and Logistics operations. Achieve productivity and profitability objectives established by the company.
- Establish operational procedures for verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Implement cycle counting and/or physical inventories using inventory system reports, inventory software and count sheets in order to ensure inventory accuracy
- Manage team member tasks and responsibilities to receive, store, and load cased goods in accordance with established company standards and procedures and within budgeted guidelines and dispatch accuracy goals
- Maintain positive relationships with other departments and ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees.
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience in a warehouse, manufacturing, distribution or logistics environment
- 3-5 years of supervisory/management experience
- Proven ability to develop and lead team members in meeting goals and objectives
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and results oriented demeanor
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations
- Solid experience in Microsoft Office, and WMS operating systems including experience with RF scanning.
- Ability to work a full-time/flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Willingness to support a 24 hour operation, and be on call, including carrying an emergency cell phone as needed
- Proven experience in quality and safety
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and follow-through skills
- Maintain forklift certification